There are several types of visa which give legal rights for migrants to work in the United Kingdom. Some of these visas provide the option to apply for settlement if you qualify or meet the required criteria in due course, leading to Indefinite Leave to Remain/Citizenship.

The following visas give the legal right to work in the United Kingdom:

  • Tier 1 – General: this visa is designed for individuals who do not want to sign up with one specific employer in the United Kingdom, allowing them to change their job at any time. It can be described as an individual work permit. Currently this route is closed.
  • Tier 1 – Post-study workers: this visa is designed for students who have studied in the UK, and can be issued for up to 2 years. It does not lead to settlement. Currently this route is closed. 
  • Tier 2 (new hire and intra company transferees): this visa is designed for companies that want to sponsor migrant workers.
  • Many other types of visas also give permission to work in the United Kingdom, such as visas that apply to entertainers, ministers of religion, overseas government employees, sole representatives, representatives of overseas newspapers as well as many other professions.

  If you are not sure which visa is appropriate for you, please contact us for proper guide.